Friday, August 15, 2014

I Can't Wait to Serve a Mission!

Hey guys! So last night after I wrote on the blog I hiked the "Y" with a couple of my friends. It was so much fun. We had a party! Anyway so we are walking up the trail and I look back and see this guy aways behind us and I'm like "guys we need to walk faster, someone is going to catch up with us" just to be funny. So then later this guy passed us as we stopped. So we were like whatever and made it to the Y. Then we see the guy up there and we just start a conversation with him. We figure out he's a college student going to UVU. Next, we meet his friend who is about the same age. I just have this full out conversation with them and while we were talking I had this feeling to tell them about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I didn't know exactly when to bring it up and eventually we started talking about it. One of the guys got baptized a few years ago and another one is going to church every week, but hasn't been baptized yet. I had a great love for these two guys that I had just barely met. I just wanted them to know how happy the Gospel of Jesus Christ makes me. We talked about the spirit and I said how amazing that feeling is when you have it. They agreed. I wish I could have said more. Now I  just hope that things go well for them and that they keep going to church. This experience made me think a lot about my mission that I could be going on next year. I can't wait to go out on mission and teach others about the gospel of Jesus Christ and help them to be happy! I will never forget talking to those guys! What a great experience! We can all be missionaries even in our own cities. Hope everyone has a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment